As the premier source for eyeglasses in Mashpee, MA, we make it our mission to stay on top of all the latest eyewear trends, and 2015 seems poised to present a lot of interesting styles to choose from. For all our fashion forward friends in Cape Cod, we’ve put together a list of the top styles in glasses to look out for this year.
- Geometric frames: Round and subtly rectangular frames are classic, but 2015 will see some bolder angles when it comes to eyeglass frames. We’ll be seeing lots of squares, ovals and even triangles! If you’re not sure which trendy shape is best for your face, stop by your local glasses shop to try on some frames.
- Graphic frames: Those crazy prints aren’t just for sunglasses anymore! Graphic frames are coming to general glasses in 2015, and they’re a great way to stand out from the crowd without choosing a risky shape. If you usually prefer a more conservative look but want to make a statement on the weekends, graphic frames make for a fun second pair of glasses for special occasions.
- Cat-eye glasses: There’s a saying in the fashion world that everything eventually comes full circle. 2015’s eyewear trends are proving that axiom to be true, especially when it comes to cat-eye frames. A popular staple from the 1940s and 1950s, this feminine shape is making a big comeback in both sunglasses and eyeglasses. Try finding a pair in a more modern color, print or material to add a modern twist to the classic look.
- Oversized shades: Whether you wear prescription sunglasses or not, it’s time to channel your inner Audrey Hepburn and buy some oversized shades. These trendy shades are available in a wide range of shapes, colors and prints, but because the size already makes such a statement, classic black or brown is probably the way to go.
- Ombre shades: If you’ve been paying attention to the world of hair or clothing fashion for the past few years, you know what ombre is: a gradual progression from top to bottom of a darker to lighter shade. In 2015, the trend has finally arrived in eyewear, and is a very cool option if you want sunglasses lenses with a subtle flair. Come by your local source for eyeglasses in Mashpee, MA to check out the latest ombre styles.
- New materials: It should come as no surprise that exposed wood is big in architecture and design right now, and eyewear is catching up to that trend. 2015 is the year you’ll see eyeglass and sunglass frames that mimic the grain of wood or that even incorporate actual wood into their design. These frames may be perfect for the nature lover in your life!
Whatever trendy fashions or classic styles you’re into, you can find the perfect frames for you at Cape Cod’s most fashionable eyeglass store, Bayview Optometrics. If 2015 is the year you want to finally shake up your eyeglasses in Mashpee, MA, we hope you’ll come visit us soon.