Throw the stigma around eyeglasses away; stylish glasses can make a bold fashion statement! That’s why you can see anyone from your grandma to Hollywood’s biggest stars rocking their own pair of unique, fashionable frames.
And whether your glasses are meant to correct your vision or to simply be a fashion accessory, there’s one thing that all eyeglass-wearers have in common: you want glasses that compliment your style and look great on you. That’s why knowing how to shop for the right eyewear in Cape Cod is so important.
Similar to clothing or footwear, your glasses have to fit you, feel good and look great. Take your time to shop around, be patient and experiment with all different types of frames. Here are some tips as you set out on finding your perfect pair of specs.
How to shop
When shopping for the right eyewear in Cape Cod, there are a few things you want to keep in mind:
- Try everything on. It’s hard to know what will look good on you, especially if you’ve never worn glasses before. Try on as many different colors, shapes and styles as possible. This gives you an idea of all of the options out there and can help narrow down what you’re looking for.
- Bring a friend. It’s important to bring a friend so you can get that second opinion. You may think a certain pair looks great on you, but having a friend there can either confirm or deny that.
- Take photos of your favorites. Eyeglass shopping can take a while and it’s important that you don’t just settle for whatever you hate the least. Make sure you take pictures of the glasses you like while you’re wearing them so you can compare them later. This can help narrow down your decision.
How to make your decision
Now that you’ve tried on all sorts of frames, there comes a point where it’s time to make your decision. But before you rush into anything, take the following factors into consideration:
- When wearing the glasses, your eyes should be at or near the center of the frames.
- The glasses should follow the arch of your eyebrows.
- The scale and size of the frames should match your face proportions. Smaller features need thinner frames and larger features can hold a much larger, bolder frame. This creates a sense of balance.
- Choose a color that compliments your skin tone.
- Make sure the glasses look good from all angles—this includes the inside color of the frame and any temple detailing
Finding the right pair of glasses, whether it’s to help improve your vision or to improve your wardrobe, can be just the little extra touch you need to make you feel more confident. No matter what look you’re trying to go for, Bayview Optometrics can help get you your perfect eyewear. Call or stop in today and achieve the look you’ve always wanted.