Whether you’re out enjoying the coast, attending a fall festival or driving around Cape Cod this season, sunglasses are a must. However, if you’re one of the many people without 20/20 vision, you also know that enjoying the beauty of autumn requires glasses or contacts. For an easy way to see clearly and protect your eyes, you might want to consider prescription sunglasses in Mashpee, MA.
As you make your way around Cape Cod, prescription sunglasses in Mashpee, MA can provide:
- Protection from the sun: Many people know about the damage UV rays can do to your skin, but it is important to know that UV rays can also harm your eyes. Similar to sunscreen, sunglasses are needed as protection in outdoor situations. Even on overcast days, prescription sunglasses offer 100 percent UV ray protection.
- Easy-to-find relief: Prescription sunglasses are easy to grab while you’re rushing out the door or if the sun gets in the way of your vision without warning. Many people who wear glasses may have clip on or magnetic sunglass lenses, but those are often easy to lose or misplace. Prescription sunglasses offer an effortless way to quickly shield your eyes.
- Ultimate protection when driving: Prescription sunglasses provide a broad field of protection when you’re on the road. While some people claim that transition lenses are suitable sunglasses replacements, this type of lenses has its limitations. Many transition lenses do not work properly in the car. This is because the tint in the lenses is activated when it comes into contact with UV rays. Most windshields block UV light, leaving your eyeglasses unchanged. Alternatively, prescription sunglasses provide immediate relief from the sun, so you can focus on keeping your eyes on the road.
- Outdoor eye protection: Prescription sunglasses can double as eye protection when you’re outside. If you’re camping or visiting the beach, sunglasses can help shield your eyes from dirt, dust, sand and debris from the environment in addition to providing UV protection. Additionally, wearing contact lenses in and around the water can be hazardous because airborne particles and water can get under your lenses and damage your eyes. By wearing prescription sunglasses, you ensure that your eyes are better protected from all environmental elements while you enjoy the outdoors.
- Stylish accessories: Prescription sunglasses in Mashpee, MA don’t have to be boring. In fact, prescription sunglasses are available in a variety of different styles and colors, ranging from inexpensive, casual frames to fashion-forward, designer shades. It is easy to find a pair that matches your unique style and also provides 100 percent UV ray protection.
- Affordable options: While many people assume that prescription sunglasses are an expensive addition to their budget, most retailers carry a wide selection of affordable options. Many retailers even offer a discounted price or a pair of free prescription sunglasses when a pair of regular eyeglasses is purchased.
There are many ways that prescription sunglasses can benefit your day-to-day lifestyle and provide fashionable protection for your eyes. To learn more about prescription sunglasses in Mashpee, MA, visit Bayview Optometrics.