If you just purchased a new pair of glasses or traded in your frames for the convenience of contacts, you may be thinking of discarding or donating your old pair of lenses. However, any optometrist will tell you it is wise to have a backup pair of eyeglasses in Mashpee, MA. Having a backup pair of glasses ensures that you can maintain your vision should something happen to your primary source of corrective lenses.
A backup pair of eyeglasses in Mashpee, MA can leave you prepared for a tricky situation when you least expect it. To avoid vision issues in Cape Cod, consider these reasons to have a backup pair of glasses:
- Eye infections: If you experience an eye injury, trauma or infection, you may have to go without contacts for days, and sometimes even weeks. Wearing contacts when your eye is irritated can make the problem last longer and become worse. Having a spare pair of eyeglasses in Mashpee, MA allows your eyes to have a break from your contacts and properly heal while you consult with your doctor. In addition, if you have bad seasonal allergies, wearing glasses may provide relief from eye-related symptoms.
- A break for your eyes: Wearing glasses allows your eyes to get increased levels of oxygen. For people who wear contacts or live in a dry climate, it is especially important to give your eyes a break by using a backup pair of glasses. Additionally, most optometrists advise against sleeping in contacts, meaning that glasses provide a safe and reliable nighttime alternative.
- Traveling: Whether you’re on vacation or a business trip, you want to be prepared for anything life throws your way. Packing a backup pair of glasses ensures you have a way to see properly if your glasses or contacts become damaged or lost. Being prepared with a backup means you can rest easy knowing that you’ll never be without corrective lenses in an unfamiliar place.
- Broken glasses: While no one wants their glasses to break or their contacts to rip, it is always wise to have a backup option just in case. Having a spare pair of eyeglasses can save you a lot of time and stress in an emergency. Should your glasses break, you’ll be glad that you have a secondary means of seeing clearly.
- Style selections: Wearing glasses gives you an easy way to accessorize. If you’re tired of your current look and are seeking something new, wearing a spare pair of glasses can give your style a fresh feel. Being able to switch between different pairs of glasses and contacts allows you to mix and match your look as you see fit. Glasses also allow you to dress up or down for different occasions, and try out different trends.
Having a spare pair of eyeglasses ensures you are ready for any situation. If you would like to know more about finding the perfect pair of glasses, or have questions about which types of corrective lenses are right for you, consult the professionals a Bayview Optometrics today.