The technology for contact lenses in Cape Cod, MA has come a long way over the years. One of the most popular advances in eyewear has been the Acuvue Oasys Daily Contact Lenses, also referred to as “dailies.”
These types of contact lenses are typically soft in design and are disposable, meaning you only wear them for a day and then you can dispose of them. There’s no need for building in that extra time in your routine for washing and cleaning your contacts: all you have to do is throw them out. This is one of the main reasons they’ve become so popular—convenience! But that’s not the only reason optometrists and patients alike are making the switch over to daily contact lenses in Cape Cod, MA.
The benefits of daily contacts or “dailies”
Your personal routine and preferences are what will determine what type of contact lens is best for you. But, here are some universal reasons using dailies is a great choice:
- They don’t need to be cleaned. You can completely forget about the nightly cleaning routine for your contacts. No need for the display of solution bottles, the multiple types of contact carriers or the tedious task of hunching over your bathroom counter trying to make sure they are submerged in the solution enough. At the end of your long, hectic work day, take the contacts out, toss them and go to bed.
- No need for replacement reminders. Our lives our crazy, there’s no doubt about that—so taking one more thing off of your to-do list is always a great feeling. With daily contact lenses, there’s no need to set the calendar reminder that you have to go and pick up your replacements. Simply toss out the pair you were wearing and get a fresh pair in the morning.
- Save time. Simply save time in your busy schedule without having to worry about forgetting your solution and having to run home; or save time by not having to go through the process of cleaning and storing your contacts. Cary an extra pair with you wherever you go and you’ll be able to pop a new pair in at any time.
- Can help with allergies. Because you are refreshing your contacts every single day, there’s no time for allergens or other bacteria to build up and cause a reaction. Also, having a new, fresh, smooth lens on your eyes each day can prevent extra irritation.
- Easy. If it had to be put into one word, it would be this one, easy. Especially if you have kids. With all of the hectic, crazy schedules they have, more often than not they will forget to clean or change out their lenses. With dailies, all they need to do is pop a new pair in and go about their days.
Daily lenses are available in a variety of different brands and prescriptions. If you think you might be interested in switching over to dailies, work with your optometrist and see if this is the right decision for you and your family.