While prescription glasses are a fun and fashionable way to experience clear and sharp vision, they aren’t always the best option when it comes to spending the day outside in the bright sun or driving home in rush hour traffic. Unfortunately, those who wear glasses are not able to just put on drugstore sunglasses when they step outside, as they will no longer be able to see without their prescription lenses. In addition, trying to go without protection from UV rays can strain your eyes and even lead to temporary sun blindness.
This is why prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA are the best option to keep your eyes protected and your vision clear, both indoors and outdoors. Prescription sunglasses are sunglasses with your own corrective prescription built into the lens. They are available for almost all corrective prescriptions, and bifocals and progressive lenses are also available options.
Due to the dangers of UV rays, sunglasses should be as essential as sunscreen when it comes to protecting yourself, even on overcast days. Here are a few of the many benefits of wearing prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA:
- Improve your vision: With prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA, you can enjoy the benefits of sunglasses while maintaining your vision and protecting your eyes at the same time. If you do not like wearing your eyeglasses all the time, then you can switch over to your new prescription sunglasses, which is a smart choice for anyone with farsightedness of nearsightedness.
- Prevent the signs of aging: UV radiation can cause severe sunburn and premature aging, and can actually cause the skin around your eyes to wrinkle. By taking proper precautions, like avoiding excessive sun exposure and protecting your skin while outside, you can keep your skin healthy and prevent wrinkles. Because the sensitive skin around your eyes can be very vulnerable, prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA are a great way to protect that area.
- Many styles available: Wearing sunglasses is a fashion statement all by itself. Your new prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA can come in a wide variety of designs, styles and lens colors. Unlike when you choose to use transition lenses in your everyday frames, prescription sunglasses actually look like sunglasses. Plus there are name brand and designer options available so you will never be missing out on the latest styles due to the quality of your vision.
- Enjoy clear vision: Prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA are customized to your prescription to provide you with clear and sharpened vision, enhanced depth perception and high quality color contrast while still minimizing the amount of glare. This way you will never have to compromise your vision to protect your eyes from the harsh rays of the sun.
- Go outdoors without worry: Going outside without protective eyewear can impair your vision. Not only will prescription lenses protect you from the sun, but they will also work around water or snow where the sun’s rays are magnified. Prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, MA neutralize most of the glare and UV rays so you can focus on enjoying your time outdoors.
For more information about prescription sunglasses, or to sample some of the many pairs available, visit the team at Bayview Optometrics today.