Eye exams can be important to your overall eye health. During eye exams in Cape Cod, MA, an optometrist will evaluate your sight as well as diagnose any eye issues you might be having. As you age, your eyes change, and eye problems can develop that need to be treated by an optometrist. Here are the most common eye problems that an eye doctor can identify and treat:
- Eyestrain: This is a common problem that develops in individuals who use computers or electronic devices for long periods of time. Your eyes may become tired when used intently for many hours. A break from electronic devices can give you the rest you need to alleviate the strain, and eye exams in Cape Cod, MA can identify whether this is the cause of the headaches, tired eyes and neck pain that you are experiencing.
- Red eyes: While red eyes can be a symptom of conjunctivitis, which needs to be treated by an optometrist, it can also be the result of allergies, lack of sleep or eye strain. When any of these circumstances occur, your eyes will become irritated, which causes the blood vessels to expand and leaves you with red eyes as a result. Having regular eye exams in Cape Cod, MA can help identify why your eyes appear to be infected and provide a course of treatment to prevent this from reoccurring.
- Colorblindness: Most often occurring in men, colorblindness can affect how you are able to identify and distinguish between varying colors. Most affected people are born with the condition, but it can come on later in life as a side effect of certain drugs or diseases. Corrective lenses may be a solution that an optometrist can provide to help you see colors more clearly and with improved definition.
- Dry eyes: If your eyes can’t produce enough tears, you may have dry eyes. This can cause burning and redness, and is generally very uncomfortable. While there are some remedies that you can employ, such as using eye drops or a humidifier in your home, eye exams in Cape Cod, MA are the best way to tell whether your condition is severe and requires a prescription for tear-producing drops.
- Cataracts: Cloudiness in your eye’s lens is a sign that you have cataracts. While they don’t cause any pain, they can obstruct vision and need to be treated during eye exams in Cape Cod, MA. Surgery is the most common way to remove cataracts, and an optometrist will be able to direct you through the steps necessary to remove them from your eyes and improve your
By visiting an optometrist for regular eye exams in Cape Cod, MA, you will be able to be treated for these types of eye problems and more, as well as ensure your vision is at an optimum level for your health. To schedule an eye exam, contact Bayview Optometrics. We offer full service eye care for patients of all ages and will be able to fit you with a pair of glasses, prescribe contacts or diagnose any eye problems you may be experiencing.