Glasses offer a wonderful and stylish way to enhance your vision. Unfortunately, constantly switching between sunglasses and eyeglasses as you move from outside to inside can be a nuisance. If you have prescription sunglasses, you’re forced to keep track of both pairs. On the other hand, those without prescription shades are familiar with having to wear sunglasses on top of normal glasses to protect their eyes from the harsh rays of the sun.
You can simplify your life by replacing your current lenses with transition lenses. Transition lenses help people see the world with correct eyesight while still being shielded from the sun. Read on to discover a few of the benefits of transition lenses for eyeglasses in Cape Cod, MA:
- Eyeglasses to sunglasses in seconds: Transition lenses can change from glasses to sunglasses in less than 30 seconds—without any effort whatsoever on your part! This is a major plus for those who want to move between the outdoors and indoors multiple times throughout the day. You’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you will be able to see clearly even if you forget your sunglasses when driving to the office.
- Money saving: Purchasing both prescription glasses and sunglasses can be quite expensive. You’re faced with replacing both sets of lenses each time your prescription changes. With transition lenses, you have a multi-purpose option. You can invest in a high quality pair of transition lenses that will fit both needs instead of splurging on two pairs of glasses.
- Decreased light sensitivity: Directly exposing your eyes to UV rays can be incredibly harmful. Over time, the exposure can actually be detrimental to your eyesight and could even cause cataracts. Transition lenses keep your eyes protected from these effects, in addition to decreasing the likelihood of developing a light sensitivity. Your optometrist can custom-make transition lenses specifically to fit your unique eye needs.
- Simplify: How many times have you left the house with your sunglasses, but forgot your eyeglasses? What about losing the clip-on shades for your glasses? With transition lenses, you can eliminate the need for keeping track of multiple pairs, as the one pair will cover all of your needs. They’re especially great for children, who are likely have more difficulty keeping track of two different pairs.
- Perfect every time: The lens darkness depends on the amount of light in the area. The lenses will be completely dark outside, clear inside and in-between as needed. The transition occurs in less than 30 seconds, so you’ll hardly notice the difference. This way, you’ll never be stuck squinting to see through too-dark lenses when eating on a covered patio.
Your glasses don’t have to limit your lifestyle. Transition lenses for eyeglasses in Cape Cod, MA will allow you to live your life without ever having to miss a thing or fumble between eyeglasses and sunglasses. To learn more about how transition lenses can benefit you, visit your local eye doctor at Bayview Optometrics today.