Glasses allow you to change your look in just a matter of seconds, while also helping you to see the world more clearly. A certain frame can shape your entire appearance. But shopping through all the different options can be overwhelming as you search for the best pair for your unique look and style. It can be difficult to find the eyeglasses that not only work well with both your face shape and skin tone, but also your personality and lifestyle. Luckily, keeping a few important tips in mind when selecting your new eyeglasses in Cape Cod, MA can help you find the perfect pair.
Start by identifying your face shape. The shape of your face is the best way to determine the frame shape and style that are best suited for your look:
- Round: Look for a square or rectangular shaped frame that is wider than your face. This will balance out the round features by actually slimming and lengthening the face. Avoid rimless or round frames, as they will only serve to accentuate the roundness.
- Square: Soften an angular face with round or oval glasses. They will provide balance and thin out some of the harsh angles common on square faces. Stay away from boxy shapes to avoid looking bulky.
- Oval: Those with an oval shaped face should opt for a frame with a strong bridge that are widest at the broadest part of the face. Oversized frames should be avoided to maintain the natural symmetry of your face.
- Heart: Balance the width of your forehead and the narrowness of the chin with round or square frames. Look for a pair that is more bottom-heavy. Refrain from any glasses with embellishments near the top, as they will only serve to emphasize the forehead.
- Diamond: Highlight a narrow forehead and chin with a wide oval frame; it’ll accentuate your cheekbones. Boxy, narrow options aren’t the best option for this face shape, though.
Your skin tone should also be considered when selecting a pair of frames. Those with a warm, golden skin tone should steer clear of contrasting colored frames, such as pastels or a harsh black. Instead, look for a light tortoise, beige or a warm brown.
Cool skin tones with a pink or blue undertone will find better luck with neutral toned eyeglass frames. Avoid bright colors, as they tend to wash out the skin. Black, dark tortoise, purple and mauve are your best bets.
There are a variety of frames available for every type of lifestyle! Do you spend a lot of time outside or playing sports? Consider a pair that can withstand a lot of twisting and bending to reduce the likelihood of breaking. High-end label lovers can always find a pair of designer eyeglasses in Cape Cod, MA. Best of all, you can pick a different frame to suit each area of your life. Choose a sensible frame for the office, but a more durable pair for playing basketball.
Now that you know what to look for, it’s time to start shopping! Stop by Bayview Optometrics today to check out our selection of eyeglasses.