Sunglasses, along with a swimsuit and beach towel, are part of your summer attire! Without your sunglasses, summer days spent outside by the pool or on the beach would be ruined by the sun’s blinding rays. As we all know, the sun doesn’t just go away during the winter—so why do so many people put their sunglasses away as soon as the winter rolls around? Prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod should be a necessary part of your wardrobe 365 days a year:
- We get more sun exposure in the winter: As you may recall from middle school science class, the sun sits lower in the sky and at a different angle in the winter than it does it the summer. Because of this, you might actually get more sun exposure in the colder months than in the middle of the summer. If you’re outside for an extended period of time, wearing sunglasses is a must during this time of year. The sun’s harmful rays can burn the layers of your eyes just as easily as it burns your skin. Additionally, prolonged sun exposure can lead to other eye problems like cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Sunlight reflects off snow: The sun doesn’t just hurt us from up above—up to 85 percent of the sun’s UV rays are reflected from the ground and bounce back up into our eyes. While this is an issue all year long, it’s even worse in the winter when there’s snow on the ground. Sunlight bouncing off the snow is a big problem for skiers and snowboarders hitting the slopes; that’s why they all wear sunglasses or protective goggles. But even if you’re not visiting the mountains, you’ll want to wear a pair of prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod this winter!
Why choose Bayview Optometrics?
If you’re in the market for some new prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod, look no further than Bayview Optometrics. We offer some significant advantages:
- Knowledgeable staff: Our customers have a lot of questions when it comes to choosing the right sunglasses for them and their eyes. Luckily, our knowledgeable staff members have all of the answers! We guarantee that we can answer any questions you may have regarding your sunglasses or your vision in general.
- The best brands and styles: Prescription sunglasses aren’t just there to help you see better; they’re also meant to make you look better, too! We carry all of the top brands and styles to ensure you look great in your shades all year long.
- Prescription glasses in minutes: You don’t have time to wait around to receive your new sunglasses. You have places to go and people to see. That’s why we work quickly to get you set up with your new prescription glasses in a matter of minutes. You’ll be in and out of our store with new shades in no time at all.
Don’t go one more day without wearing a brand new pair of prescription sunglasses in Cape Cod. Stop by Bayview Optometrics today and let one of our friendly staff members help you choose out a new pair of shades for 2018.