These days, you can pretty much buy anything online at any time, day or night, with just a few clicks. But although online shopping is incredibly convenient, we don’t always recommend it. Buying a new pair of eyeglasses online has several pitfalls that can easily be avoided by purchasing them from a qualified brick and mortar retailer. Continue reading to learn the cons of buying glasses online in Cape Cod:
- Varying prescription needs: If you’re like a lot of people, your prescription needs will change as time goes on. So, when you need to buy new eyeglasses in a few years, you might need a stronger prescription for them to be effective. The problem is that you won’t know which prescription you need if you’re buying online. Shop at an optometrist to ensure you’re getting the right prescription for your needs.
- Incorrect size: Trying on glasses is a must if you want a pair that fit your eyes and head properly. Though online eyeglass retailers will give you info regarding the size and how they typically fit, that information isn’t always helpful or accurate. Come on down to Bayview Optometrics and spend some time trying on different pairs to ensure you get the right fit.
- Wrong style: Purchasing the right style and color is nearly as crucial as getting the right fit. Even though websites provide the ability to “try on” glasses virtually, not seeing them in person is one of the biggest cons of buying glasses online in Cape Cod. Purchasing your glasses in a brick and mortar store is the only way to avoid the mishap of getting the wrong style and color for your face.
- No second opinion: One of the biggest benefits of shopping in an actual store is the ability to get a second opinion from either the store employees or a friend. Getting additional input from other people can help ensure you get the best pair of eyeglasses for you.
Shop Bayview Optometrics instead of buying online
Buying glasses online in Cape Cod is clearly a risk, so come in to see our team at Bayview Optometrics. Here are a few of the reasons our customers return whenever they need new glasses:
- Get an eye exam: Your prescription needs have probably changed since the last time you bought glasses. Before you make a purchase, we’ll give you a comprehensive eye exam to ensure you get the right prescription for your changing vision.
- Tons of styles and sizes: Unlike some other stores, we have a huge selection of eyeglasses from the top designers in the industry. And, if you don’t see what you like, we can order it for you!
- Contact options: Maybe it’s time to ditch the glasses and switch to contacts. If so, you’re in luck! We can get you fitted for a pair of contacts in a matter of minutes.
Whether you need new glasses or an eye exam, we’re your one-stop shop for everything related to your vision. Stop in today to see why visiting Bayview Optometrics is a better idea than buying glasses online in Cape Cod.