Getting a new pair of eyeglasses does more than just allow you to see clearly—it changes the look of your face! Your eyeglasses can make or break your appearance, so you need to ensure that you get the right pair for your face and your overall style. This post will teach you how to choose the right frames in Cape Cod:
- Shop at an eyeglass store: Our first bit of advice is to get your glasses at a brick and mortar store instead of buying a pair online. When you shop at an optometrist, you can rest easy knowing you’ll get the right prescription, and you can try on as many pairs as you want before buying.
- Figure out your prescription: Before choosing the right eyeglass frames in Cape Cod, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the right prescription for your vision needs. Your optometrist can help with that! Getting an eye exam at your optometrist’s office is a quick and easy procedure that’ll ensure you get the right lenses.
- Define your style: The look of your frames should complement your overall style. If you’re a trendy dresser always wearing the most stylish outfits, consider going with a pair of more modern-looking frames. On the other hand, if you’re more of a jeans and t-shirt person, go with classic frames to match your timeless outfit. One of our employees at Bayview Optometrics can help you find the right style.
- Identify your face shape: We all have different face shapes, and our glasses have to complement that shape for us to look our best. A good rule of thumb is to choose frames that are the opposite of your face shape. If you have a rounder, softer face, go with a pair of glasses that are sharper and more angular. Again, one of our friendly employees can assist you in finding a good pair.
- Find a pair that fit: The best-looking glasses will be worthless if they don’t stay on your face. How to choose the right frames in Cape Cod comes down to trying on pairs until you get ones that properly fit your nose and ears. The last thing you want is a pair of glasses that are constantly sliding off your face.
- Make sure they’re comfortable: You’ll be wearing your glasses each waking hour of the day, so you’ll want to ensure that they’re as comfortable as can be. Make sure they don’t pinch your nose, touch your eyelashes or rub uncomfortably on your ears. Again, this may come down to trying on multiple pairs before you get the perfect ones.
- Choose a color: Once you’ve narrowed down the style that’s best for your overall appearance, you’ll need to pick out a color. Going with bright, bold frames will give you a distinct look, but those frames may overshadow the rest of your outfit.
Choosing the right eyeglass frames in Cape Cod starts with which eyeglass store you go to. At Bayview Optometrics, we carry a vast selection of frames from some of the top brands, including Tiffany, Max Mara and Givenchy. Come see us today!